Freelance has kept me occupied heavily for the last couple of months, no time to myself. Short break between gigs arrived and I thought it’d be time to get back to basics.
One of many material studies to come. Attempting to better my sculpting/texturing by going back to the basics and just painting.
mk23 did for that same character artist, wrapping things up with it.
Finally dug this out of the graveyard. There was a ton of work to redo on the LP and UVS.
Go figure though, 2 years old, I’ve definitely learned a lot about uv shells, normals, and well art in general.
you can view the spin @ www.whitey3d.com/vids.html (html5 vid embed)
Textures 2048x1024 Diff/Spec/Gloss/Norm
8600~ tris loaded, 7952 empty
Learned a lot about the tricks you can use with ddo for handpainting the grunge. I have to say its quickly becoming a favorite program.
finally got around to finishing the textures.
So when I started this I thought to myself, “I could do this darksiders style. Hmm, but what if Darksiders was an fps.”
So I ran with it. Over the top yes, but I’m relatively happy with it.
Calling this mostly done. Still a small # of things I need to do before its 100%, but I have other obligations I need to get to.
Sort of got the base materials where I want them, but a ton of work left to do.
Oh well, always tomorrow.
Low with test bake.
Couple small errors, but they’re where I knew they’d be, damn floaters.
HP pre z-brush and the post zbrush/low bake of the blade. Came out decent for a low res test bake. Only 1 error @ angle.
Original Concept by Spug (polycount.com ID)